Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mai HiME seiyuu: Interview with the voice actress of Natsuki Kuga


Next up on our seiyuu interviews from TOKYOPOP, Saeko Chiba as Natsuki Kuga/Kruger!



At first, I was overwhelmed by a cool, but aggressive. Lone wolf character like Natsuki. I'm bad at decisive, cool lines, so we had a lot of re-recording. Her cuteness and other aspects became clearer; the role feels completely natural now.

Natsuki is distant, unable to talk softly to others, obsessively self-reliant, and very stingy. I think her heart finally opens because of her wonderful friends.

It seems backwards to me, but in the anime, the more fate hurts people, the closer their fates become, and the more fates binds them...I think that's what made every week compelling. I really had fun wondering what'd come to pass in the next episode.

The manga, with the same characters but a different plot and background, is interesting too. "Oh, that's what they did!" etc. In the manga Natsuki's so gentle. I can tell the manga characters are very faithful to the anime, probably because they studied our work a lot. Glad to read it.

I'm glad even those who haven't seen the show can "hear" our voices through reading.


Profile:

Saeko Chiba: numerous stage/singing/voice-acting roles. Her 2nd album, "Everything" is in stores. Roles include Lapis-chan in "Tottoko ham taro" and Akiho Sudou in "Iria's sky, Ufo summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment